Monday, August 23, 2010

Indie Bookstores part two






For some reason, I have never been to the University of Minnesota Bookstore. I adore The University Book Store in Madison, Wisconsin, so why wouldn't I like the one at the U of M? Of course I would, and I DID! They have a terrific general books section, a University of Minnesota Staff section, bargain books, as well as school supplies, art supplies, and text books. I had a lot of fun in there. The only down side was the parking. If you go to the parking ramp that my dad and I went to, it costs $3 for less than one hour, and $6 for one to three hours. I easily could have spent more than an hour in there, but when I saw the parking rates, I said, "Let's keep it under one hour, folks!" I think it was a world record for me to get out of a bookstore in under an hour, but we made it!
For fun, I purchased my current book for book club, which is The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber.

1 comment:

Nicole Austin said...

what a great idea! i am within walking distance from a university and i've never thought about visiting their bookstore for fun art supplies! now i know where me and the baby are going on our next walk! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails