Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rice Freeman-Zachery at Wet Paint with Roz Stendahl

I've been so lucky to have had some really exciting experiences lately of meeting artists I admire. Tonight I was at Wet Paint in St. Paul where I got to hear Rice Freeman-Zachery and Roz Stendahl talk about making time for your art. I just love artists. Also, Wet Paint is one of the best independent art stores in existence, so it was great to be there for an extremely cool event. Can you tell how excited I am? Here is a little slide show from my flickr page of some photos I took this evening. Enjoy!

By the way, if you weren't at Wet Paint to hear Ric e (rhymes with Lisa) and Roz talk tonight, I'll share a few tips with you about making time for your art. They said:
1. Set aside time to create, and do not allow any interruptions.
2. Decide what you are going to do in the block of time before you let yourself stop or do something else.
3. Always be thinking about your art. You don't have to "kill the artist" when you use your brain at your day job.
4. Always carry something with you to make notes of ideas that come to you.
5. You might want to do your most dreaded tasks first, then reward yourself with time for the things that you love.
6. Figure out how long it actually takes to do the things you do. Don't just guess, fool yourself, then get disappointed.
7. Just 15 minutes a day can add up to a completed project.

MAKE TIME FOR YOUR ART. IF IT FEEDS YOUR SOUL, THEN DO IT! IT IS IMPORTANT.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome summary! I am so inspired by their talk on Tuesday. I did get the tomato paper and the cheese paper. And I've also begun the demolition of our basement to create my studio space. What fun!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails