Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sewn Journals



So, I sewed some journals with my sewing machine this evening. I was inspired by Mary Ann Moss' class Remains of the Day. It is all about taking the left over scraps from your life and art stashes and turning them into cool journals. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I gave it a try anyway. I ended up with three mini journals. The first one was clearly the WORST! I showed it to my husband and he TOTALLY made fun of me and it. We were both laughing pretty hard over the whole thing. In fact, I keep replaying the scene in my head and just burst into spontaneous fits of laughter. Has that ever happened to you?
Ok, I am sure you are a little curious to see my journal disaster. Well, too bad, I won't show you THAT one. The images shown are from the second one, after I had a little more experience with the good ol' sewing machine!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails