Friday, April 20, 2012

To Balance or Not to Balance, That is the Question

The women's retreat I mentioned in my previous blog post had a theme around the concept of balance.  What we learned there is that balance is a verb, not a noun.   Balance as a noun is unattainable, when you are talking about life balance.  Life is ever changing.  When we finally wake up and realize this, life might feel a little bit easier.
Danielle LaPorte's new book The Fire Starter Sessions  arrived on my doorstep this week.  The book is bright orange and full of really bold advice, but advice that feels good, too. There is a section in the book about giving up the concept of balance.  On Danielle's blog, she wrote, and has quotes by others, on the issue of balance.  I find this all quite interesting and important to keep in mind.  To read her article on balance from her blog, you can find it here.
Though I haven't read her new book yet, I know I am going to like it.  You can watch Danielle's promo video.
Are you inspired yet?  I love the first mantra, "I will figure it out".  That's bold, brave, and feels good.
What are your thoughts on life balance?  Do you feel like you have attained it?  Do you feel overwhelmed trying to?  What are your thoughts on this new perspective?  I'd love to hear from you in the comments below.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails