Sunday, November 22, 2009

Book Arts and Random Pics


Experiment/accidental flash


My husband and I were walking one night this week. I saw our shadow on this old sign. I thought it looked cool, but the first shot accidentally was used with a flash. I like the second shot a lot better, but it is neat to see the two shots together.


Minnesota Center for the Book Arts lets us use their space for our Visual Journal Collective meetings. Roz Stendahl is the "rad" facilitator for the group. Here are the pictures from our altered book round robin that some us participated in.

Altered Book Round Robin concluded Monday, November 16th, 2009


That night, we also had a guest talk to us about calligraphy. It was really amazing to see how easy she made it look. We got to try a bunch of different calligraphy pens and tools. My favorite was a little piece of balsa wood taped to the eraser end of a pencil! My other favorite was a Pilot Parallel Pen with a big nib (3.8mm).

Guest Calligrapher-Christine

Making ink for calligraphy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails