Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Camping (Part 1)


There are so many special things about camping in the fall season.  The leaves are turning on the trees.  The air is crisp, which makes that camp fire feel amazing.  The birds are migrating over head.  The squirrels and other animals are foraging for winter.  And if you are lucky enough to wake up in the morning, and it was below freezing at night, you'll see amazing frosty plants, grasses, and leaves at sunrise!

 The thermometer we brought read 27 degrees.  Now that the sun was out, it was already warming up to 30 degrees.  Note, that is still below freezing!  That night, I had a dream that my face was literally freezing, and it probably was.  Good thing my brain woke me up, so I could snuggle into my sleeping bag.





 Many of the trails we hiked were horse and pedestrian trails through the woods.  It was fun to see horses up close.  


 Does anyone know what these plants are called?  I love their overall shape, as well as the little round tubes that make them up.  
Can you see the dirty little ladybug on my boot?

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh I can smell it....the campfire
and earthy early morning newness
...thanks for taking me along;
awesome share!
-Jennifer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails