Friday, October 17, 2008

Professional Conference


I attended a professional conference for teachers yesterday.  I was really excited to be there for many reasons.  First of all, I needed a break from my work.  Second, I love to learn.  And third, author/illustrator Nancy Carlson was going to be there giving talks and signing books.  I really enjoyed the talk that I went to with her called, "A Visit with Nancy Carlson-Drawing Talk".  She showed us how to draw some of her characters from her books.  I was very inspired by her.  She emphasized how important drawing is to her.  She draws for her work, but she also draws as a way to de-stress from a challenging day.   I highly recommend her books for children ages 3 and up.  Click on her name in this post to be connected to her website.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails