Monday, March 29, 2010

Rubber Stamp Weekend

I am storing my mounted stamps in inexpensive plastic boxes from the school section of Target.

I repurposed cardboard from my husband's beer box to separate the font types inside the plastic storage box.

You can purchase these wood block sets from Traci Bunker's Etsy Shop (see link below).

These alphabets are mounted on "Quickie Mount" that I purchased years ago at a rubber stamp show. I tried using scissors, but an x-acto blade worked best.

This weekend, I spent many hours mounting rubber stamps to wood blocks and to foam. I purchased rubber sheets from Traci Bunkers recently, and also had some from Teesha Moore from a purchase I made years ago. I love fonts, and I love to see text in my journals, so I am finally making the effort to get my *#?@ together. I was inspired by Lisa Sonora Beam's book The Creative Entrepreneur. In it she talks about making a creative business plan. On Lisa's blog, she talks about making a planner to help you achieve your business plan goals. She assures us that it is OK to start your planner whenever you want to. It doesn't have to begin in January of the new year. I am still thinking about how to set mine up, but the mounting of these rubber stamp alphabets was one step closer to creating my own DIY planner.
What are your favorite alphabet stamps to use? Where did you get them? How do you store them? Do you organize by letter or by font style? Inquiring minds want to know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking to get alphabet stamps, I'll checkout your links! Also, do you know How to make your rubber stamps? This is something I'm interested in as well, then we could make stamps with our own handwriting! Just an idea for Monday...have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails